To the Members and Friends of First Christian Church,
Cindy and I would like to thank you for the wonderful send off you gave us on Sunday. The attendance at both services, the fellowship dinner, and the gifts were greatly appreciated. Also, the shower of cards will give us comfort for years to come as we read them over and remember our time together.
We were with you only nineteen and a half months, and the gifts from the two services spoke volumes of our love for one another. The book of pictures from many of you spoke volumes of our love for one another, but especially the notes that were attached. I have served churches from four years to eighteen years over my ministry and the short time I have been here has been one of my most meaningful ministries, personally. I hope that I have touched your life as much as you have touched mine. Because not all of you could be here for the dinner and presentation of the gifts, I will list them with some of my thoughts:
1. A clock - My interpretation please make your sermons shorter.
2. Pen and Pencil Set - My interpretation some of you think I can still write.
3. A Lighted Inspirational Box - My interpretation a picture is worth a thousand words. Use pictures when you preach!
4. A Disney Gift Card - My interpretation is that we are going on a Disney Cruise with our grandson, and he shared a message one Sunday with us, and you thought his three minutes was worth my whole sermon!
5. A number of cards from individuals - My interpretation is that many of you wanted to make that your own statement of love and we appreciated those moments also
All of this is to say, “Thank you for accepting us and our extended family.” You are a congregation that we have come to love, and you have loved us. That’s the best gift you have given us and we will always have you in our prayers.
There is one more gift that you can give us. Love Kevin and Christine Greenwald as you have loved us. If you do that, our time with you will be blessed and First Christian Church of Bellefontaine will be serving this community for years to come.
Yours in Christ Love,
Rev. Bob & Cindy Thornton